Wednesday 7 December 2011

Introducing... Becki Noble

Becki will be well known to most regular customers of Millie Moon. She co-owns the shops with her sister Rachel. It has taken us a little while, but we've tracked Becki down, and interrogated her. Read on to find out more...


1) How did you learn to sew?
I have always been crafty (I think I came out the womb with a glue stick in my hand!), but I can't really remember when I started stitching. Whilst doing my art foundation course, I realised it could be more than just a guilty secret thanks to a very enthusiastic tutor, who persuaded me to do a fashion degree. (Much to my parents' horror I think, though they never said. I wanted to be a sensible teacher before that!)


Becki really enjoys cross stitching.
2) What sorts of things do you like to make?
I love projects that I can do in an afternoon. If they take too long, I get bored and something else comes along that I have to do right away. My home is full of unfinished projects that I have to make myself finish when I run out of space. I have recently re-found my love for dressmaking, due to our lovely tutor Anne, but again it has to be quick and simple. I must admit that I have a passion for cross stitch. I love the fact I can pick it up and put it down, but again it's got to be small pieces. On a recent romantic trip to London, my husband was shocked to find me get it out on the train (the cross stitch that is!) and very quickly pretended not to know me! I'm not very good at photographing anything, which I must start doing, so can I have a camera for Christmas, please Santa?



3) What gadget could you not live without having?
I don't really have a favourite sewing gadget or supply, I am not terribly loyal to anything as I don't look after my tools. They tend to be scattered around the house, which I know is bad. I do love a good magazine, but read so many I wouldn't know where to start. I guess I would be lost without an unpicker and my daughter's critical eye. She always gets it right when I can't decide.



4) Who or what inspires you to create?
I am really into the whole Scandinavian look at the moment and keep stroking the pile of classic Westfalenstoffe fat quarters that I have got from the new range that has just arrived in the shop. I have a terrible habit of not being able to cut my latest fabric purchase, as no project is ever good enough for them! Until the next bundle comes along that is!



Thanks so much for talking to us Becki! We look forward to seeing you in the shop soon.

No comments: