Monday 12 March 2012

Rachel Ashwell, Shabby Chic fabrics

I am not sure when Rachel Ashwell first appeared on my radar but I have been an avid fan for quite a while. I love to drool over the beautiful furnishings and fabrics and dream of owning a house that is completely furnished with Shabby chic. Unfortunately my house, my kids and my husband would not allow the beautiful girlie pastels so I keep dreaming over the fabulous website and Rachel's inspiring blog.


In January this year I was lucky enough to take a trip to New York City for my birthday. On my list of 'must do' , was to visit the Rachel Ashwell store in Soho, and... yes I did! 
Oh my, it was heaven. Gorgeous plump pillows, eiderdowns, feathers, grown up spaces... 'sigh' (My husband did venture inside but only for a few moments and then left to wait outside). 


When I heard the news that Rachel was launching a fabric range 'Treasures' Shabby chic, I knew we had to have it in Millie Moon. Its such a different range for us, Millie Moon is well know for its bright and bold prints but I twisted Becki's arm that it would be a wonderful new addition.





Well the time has come and the FULL range has arrived in store. With 32 bolts of shabby chic pastels now available in both shops. I feel a quilt coming... Maybe I will finally be able to have my own little grown up space, or at least be able to hide under a shabby chic quilt with my book and a bar of chocolate and shut out the madness for a little while. 


Rachel x 

also new cross stitch and embroidery kits just arrive




Pleas take a look at the website and blog, you won't be disappointed 
www.shabbychic.com
rachelashwellshabbychic.blogspot.com











No comments: